What is HPPSdr.exe and is it Safe?
- No Virus
- No Spyware
- No Bundle
- No Adware
What is HPPSdr.exe exactly? This kind of file is commonly found with users of printers from HP. Let’s get one thing out of the way first. The name the file is an acronym for HP Print and Scan Doctor. Judging by this, it is easy to assume that the executable file is something that deals with everything regarding a printer and a scanner from HP. The “doctor” part of the name implies that the file could be something that helps both devices function at their top performance. The HPPSdr.exe is indeed a digital tool developed by HP for devices running on Windows operating systems.
The tool is intended for tweaking possible problems relating to a printer or a scanner. The presence of this file (which is usually found in a directory of C:\Program Files\HP\Diagnostics\PSDR\) can troubleshoot a variety of issues one might face in using their device. Such errors include print jobs getting stuck in print queue, the printer being offline, getting error messages when using the scanner, issues with firewall and connectivity, as well as printer drivers either missing or corrupt.
The tool is included as part of what HP develops as HP Webpack. The file has an internal name of 7zS.sfx and a certificate issuer name of VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2010 CA. The presence of a .exe file could be the source of concern for some fearing to be a malware or something. But one can rest assure that this file and its use is safe. Still, a large number of people prefer to have it removed altogether, which is understandable especially if they do not really use a printer from HP regularly.
Error messages relating to the file include:
- “hppsdr.exe – Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xXXXXXXXX). Click OK to terminate the application”,
- “hppsdr.exe is not a valid Win32 application”,
- “End Program – hppsdr.exe. This program is not responding”,
- “HP Webpack has stopped working”,
- “0xXXXXXXXX”. The memory could not be “read/written”. Click on OK to terminate the program.”,
- “hppsdr.exe – Application Error. The instruction at “0xXXXXXXXX” referenced memory at…”,
- “hppsdr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”,
Release date: Apr 5, 2018
Microsoft Windows 10
Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows 8.1
File Size: (10.6 MB)